Saturday, February 16, 2008

my new car

As mentioned a few days ago I bought a new car, a shiny red Subaru Impreza. My Saturn Ion was over miles when I got home from Tucson and so I started looking at other options. I never really liked the Saturn but it got me around and didn't cost too much. My lease was literally $106/month. It was cheap. When I started looking for cars I knew I really wanted a Subaru. There has always been something about them that has appealed to me. I liked that they have all-wheel-drive and are sporty.

Utah "greatest snow on earth" is the greatest pain in the ass when you have to drive in it. My Saturn never handled very well in the snow. It was scary to drive sometimes. With my Subaru snow isn't an issue. It handles great and drives on like a champ. My Impreza is a 2006 model and was a former lease vehicle. It had just under 24,000 miles on it and was in great shape. It has all the options I wanted, AWD, power windows and doors, comfortable seats, CD player, and cruise control. My Saturn didn't have cruise control or any power options and I always hated that. I'm buying the Subaru so she and I will be friends for awhile. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

2 comments:

Micah said...

Jeez, new Mac, new Car... what a materialist! You should be ashamed! ^^

Sam said...

Ha! You're one to talk.