I came upon an interesting article about art forgery today. Just last month an Englishmen, Shaun Greenhalgh was arrested by Scotland Yard for art forgery. The self-taught artist created works by Gauguin, Egyptian and Assyrian artifacts, and other forgeries. One of his forgeries, an Egyptian sculpture called the Amarna Princess, was pronouced authentic by experts at the Bolton Museum and purchased for over US $860,000! I expect they weren't too happy to discover it was a fake. Read Artful Codgers in the National Post.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
artful codgers
I came upon an interesting article about art forgery today. Just last month an Englishmen, Shaun Greenhalgh was arrested by Scotland Yard for art forgery. The self-taught artist created works by Gauguin, Egyptian and Assyrian artifacts, and other forgeries. One of his forgeries, an Egyptian sculpture called the Amarna Princess, was pronouced authentic by experts at the Bolton Museum and purchased for over US $860,000! I expect they weren't too happy to discover it was a fake. Read Artful Codgers in the National Post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment