I managed to get into the pottery studio on Sunday and throw some pots. It felt good to be back on the wheel again and to make some pots. It has been months since I threw very much and I've felt out of practice. I've also just missed it.On Sunday I threw five or six large bowls from 6 lbs of clay, a medium sized lidded pot, a half dozen mugs, and a small bud vase for my girlfriend (by request). I went back into the studio on Tuesday to trim the bowls. The larger ones turned out well, but one or two of the smaller ones were off center and more difficult to trim.
After school on Thursday I'm planning to stop by Capitol Ceramics and pickup some clay. I want to do some more throwing on Thursday and pull handles for the mugs. We'll see what happens between now and then. I looking forward to spending more time at the studio. I've been away too long.

No comments:
Post a Comment