Saturday, April 29, 2006

maria taylor

Maria Taylor and band put on a good performance Thursday night at Kilby Court. Approaching the end of a long tour they were in good form but appeared tired. Maria even remarked something to that effect during that show. The evening featured songs from her debut album 11:11 and some new songs too. Although 11:11 was released only last year I hope Maria records a new album soon. 11:11 is a beautiful collection of songs and is one of my favorite albums from this past year.

Maria Taylor is the part of Azure Ray, a duet from Nebraska. Together Maria Taylor and Orenda Fink have released three albums as Azure Ray. Their last album Hold On Love was released in 2003. Maria and Orenda are now perusing solo careers and currently have no plans for another Azure Ray album. While the evening's performance wasn't as good as the concert I attended last summer, I enjoyed myself nonetheless.

No comments: