Diamond Nights from New York City played tonight at The Depot. They provided the opening entertainment for The Living Things. I happened to see the Diamond Nights at Club Sound last year. I went to see local band The Brobecks, but stayed to see The Diamond Nights. Before the show I knew nothing about their music but as it would happen it was one of these pleasant suprises. Combining 70s power rock with a modern style the Diamond Nights put on a great performance.After buying my ticket I found my way up-stairs and as I wandered inside the first person I saw was Nicole, former membership director for KRCL. Nicole was kind enough to give me a VIP pass for the evening and show me around the venue.
The Depot has done things up right. The venue is well designed and nicely furnished, run by friendly people, smoke-free, and features a good sound system (one of the best in the country according to Nicole). The sum of all the parts is an all around great venue. I'll not hesitate to go to The Depot anytime there is an act I'd like to see. I commend the fine people in charge of running the operation and wish them the best of luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment