Monday, June 04, 2007

wild pigs

When we first moved here I was told me there were wild pigs that sometimes roamed our apartment complex. No one seemed to know why they came here. One time a resident was supposedly attacked by the pigs, they bit at his legs, tearing his pants. He climbed atop his car to escape them. I thought the person who told me was joking, just passing on a sort of urban legend. Until tonight when I saw them!

My friend Jack was walking back to his apartment tonight when he saw the wild pigs. He called me right away and I rushed over to see them. When I got there a single pig ran out from behind the bushes and down the sidewalk to rejoin the herd. There were seven adults and three young. I followed them on my Rock It bike as they ran around the complex. I followed them for a few minutes and then got spooked in a dark part of the apartment parking and went home. It was such a surprise to see wild animals, let alone, wild pigs, running down the sidewalks and streets. Alas, I thought the pigs were just a myth but it was indeed true.

No comments: