Friday, March 24, 2006

moving up in the world

I'm pleased to announce my radio program the beat philosophy will now be on Friday mornings from 1 until 3:30am! It would seem I'm moving up in the world, if only in a small way. Today was my first show in the new time slot and I managed one swell program.

Since last November I've been hosting a program on radio station KRCL from 3 until 6am Sunday mornings. While I enjoy being on the radio some weeks have been tough. I rarely get much sleep before the show and most weeks I just feel exhausted. My lack of sleep compounded with being awake in the middle of the night often makes for a strange evening. It surprises me I've managed to survive this long but overall it has been a good experience.

My program this morning went well overall. Though it felt strange being at the studio on a different day and at an earlier time. It was also unusual to feel more awake during the show since I'm used to feeling so tired. After awhile it is funny how you become accustomed to certain things.

For the next few weeks I'll be hosting two episodes of my show. The first on Sunday mornings and the latter during my new Friday time slot. I was asked to continue hosting my old time slot through Radiothon, the station's upcoming fundraising drive. If they had chosen a new programmer for the time slot that person's first show would have landed on Radiothon, which wouldn't have been much fun. So for the next few weeks I'll be hosting two programs. If it doesn't kill me it will probably feel like it did.

Remember to tune in and get tuned out next week on the new home of the beat philosophy, Friday morning 1 until 3:30am. You can also tune in on Sunday from 3 until 6am. KRCL is broadcast 90.9FM in Salt Lake City and online at www.krcl.org.

No comments: