Tuesday, May 29, 2007

memorial day

We held our correlation meeting around 9am today and were knocking doors by 11am. I was assigned to a different neighborhood, which consisted of mostly older homes built during the 1980s. Because of Memorial Day many of the neighbors were home and I was hoping for a great day. But alas I slaved under the hot sun until lunch without closing a sale. People were mostly unreceptive although a few were friendly and willing to listen to my pitch.

Lunch provided a need break but afterwards I really didn't feel like getting back to work. Most of the team agreed they could use a good nap, myself included. But with our apartments and beds across town that wasn't happening. After lunch I didn't have much lunch until evening. I sat down with a couple for about an hour but couldn't close them. The husband was sold but his wife was hung-up on getting the security system. I left them around 8:30pm and headed off to an appointment made earlier that day.

It was late to be meeting an appointment since my carpool was waiting but I didn't want to end today without a sale. It is rough when you don't sell anything on a regular day, but not selling on a long day like today is even worse. Thankfully the appointment came though and I closed the sale. I was so relived. Tomorrow is another day, wish me luck.

No comments: