This evening I went to see Steel Train down at Kilby Court. Heralding from New York City I can best describe them as jam rock band treading upon ground familiar to the likes of Carlos Santana, but with a singer/songwriter sound all their own. My friend Cory recommend I attend the show and she spoke so well of the group I decided to go. So after finishing up class and closing the pottery studio I headed out to Kilby.Although I went into the show not expecting too much, I was very pleasantly surprised. Steel Train put on a great performance and reflecting upon it now, it was probably the best show I've seen recently. The crowd was energetic, the music was loud and the band played exceptionally. Steel Train is comprised of two guitarists who alternate between electric and acoustic, favoring the former, a bass guitar player, a Wurlitzer player who also played acoustic guitar and of course a drummer. The lead guitarist provide most of the vocals although a few numbers were sung by the keyboard player. The remainder of the band provided backing vocals.
Their performance was excellent and I'm so pleased I was able to see them live. Many thanks to Corey for encouraging me to go. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take photographs during the show because the battery for my Nikon D70 was recalled and I was instructed to discontinue use immediately. I'm sure I'll have another opportunity to photograph them live sometime down the road.

No comments:
Post a Comment