Starting the summer it was my goal to sell 200 accounts. That was before I really knew what I was getting myself into. Later on I realized selling 100 accounts was more likely. With about 100 working days in the summer I would have needed to average one sales everyday. Certainly possible, but unlikely for a first year rep still learning the ropes. At this moment I've sold 64 good accounts and 2 subs. After setting my goal at 100, I later aimed to hit 75 and unfortunately I didn't meet that goal either. I can always be disappointed by my failures and remember the sales I could have made or the days I should have worked harder. But I will choose instead to appreciate my successes. Sales guru Brian Tracy says it takes three months working any sales job to understand what you need to do in order to be successful. I couldn't agree more. My learning curve was like fighting against a strong, fire breathing dragon.Besides working in Tucson we also found ourselves in some of the surrounding areas like Vail and Marana. Further away we work in Green Valley, Arizona City, Casa Grande, Sierra Vista, Yuma and Somerton. My best weeks were in Yuma, 8 sales and 6 sales respectively. I think I enjoyed working in Sierra Vista the most. During the second time we were there it was during monsoon season and the days were overcast and cool. We had to deal with some inclement weather and got rained on pretty hard a few times. But I find rain very welcome when compared to the hellish temperatures of Yuma where its was 115 degrees most days.
With the summer coming to end down here I expect you're wondering what I'm doing next. I've signed up for an extended program in September to make some additional money. We will be working in Las Vegas! I'm excited about going someplace different and selling in a new market. My girlfriend is flying into Tucson tonight and we'll be driving to Vegas over the weekend. I haven't seen her for about 8 weeks. I am so excited to be with her again. Being away from her this summer has been hard. I'm looking forward to spending the weekend together.
So here in a few days I'll be saying goodbye to Tucson. While I've had some good times here and seen some interesting places I'm glad to be leaving. I honestly hope I never venture back this way again. I'm down with this part of Arizona for a good long while. Goodbye Tucson.

No comments:
Post a Comment